Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Friday, August 29, 2008

One Week Down, 15 To Go!

The first week is done and I'm still enjoying it...a very good sign. All of my instructors seem pretty cool so that will definitely help. I have already found some annoying people in my classes, though...the ones who want everything handed to them and don't seem to have the initiative to go find the answers. Isn't that why we're PAYING these people to teach us...to learn and think for ourselves? Oh well...nobody's perfect. And no, not all of them are 18...some of the bigger whiners are closer to my age!
I'm not complaining...just surprised. But it's Friday, I'm off work for the day and have a few hours to get in some studying (have two quizzes next week). For those of you off for the holiday weekend, have a blast! For those of us working, it's worth it, right? :) I know it is or we wouldn't be doing it.
Have you heard the latest regarding the Presidential race? Obama chose a white dude for his VP and McCain chose a chick. No matter who wins, it'll be historical. Hopefully the right one will prevail...of course, I'm still trying to figure out who that will be. I did see a quote this morning in the news that is pretty close to where I'm at...something like, 'If McCain wins it won't be so good, but if Obama wins it won't be so bad.' Looking forward to the next several weeks to see what these two guys have to say...and how much of it I believe.
I know by their profiles a bunch of my friends on Facebook have definitely made up their minds. I sure would like to be that confident and sure of a candidate...and I haven't been for a long, long time. Just remember...if you don't vote, you can't complain! :)
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Me said...

I'm right there with you on the presidential situation... I might just write someone in... so I can at least vote... which means I GET TO COMPLAIN if Scooby Doo isn't elected!!!

That dance thing is HILARIOUS!!!!!

Have a great hoiliDUH weekend...