Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mamma Mia!

Had a great girls weekend with Mom...and we really enjoyed Mamma Mia! We laughed out loud (along with everyone else...not like some obnoxious loud moviegoers), cried a little and couldn't wait to pick up some new ABBA cd's. I know not everyone is a fan of the 'musical,' but if you're looking for a feel good, funny romp with some great music, I do recommend it. In fact, I'm ready to see it again!
Well...one more week until it's back to school for me. I did find out some exciting news with my job yesterday, though. Since we finally sat down and put the Activity Calendar together, I found out I'll be learning lots of cool new stuff...polymer clay, Simply Swank soldering techniques, stained glass, glass fusing, wire wrapping...since I'll need to be able to teach some of the classes! Been working with hemp lately and have a craft day planned that I'll be doing devoted to hemp jewelry! Very cool.
Hope you guys in FL stay safe, keep your power and don't get washed away...looks like it might skirt right of Bradenton, anyway! :)

1 comment:

Me said...

fun classes coming up! I taught a simply swank soldering class at my local Sb shop... I have some tips for you b/c that SS iron isn't the best on the market... so don't get frustrated when it stops working! Let me know if you want more info...
The other stuff sounds way cool too.. I wish you were local, b/c I want to take some classes from you!!!
So Mamma Mia was good? It's not that I didn't want to see the movie, it's just that they WAY OVER advertised it and I was so SICK of it... oh well.. I'll get over it and rent it one day.

Thanks for the update... I was getting antsy...