Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Monday, August 25, 2008

1st Day of School

Well...don't expect too much college craziness from this post. My first day consisted of one 50 minute class that was really just a 'here's what to expect from this course' kinda thing. My A&P professor is sort of a hippie chick (which instantly makes me like her more!) At least no one was wearing pj's to the first day of class. What is it with people and their pajamas anyway? Who said it was okay (fashionable? No!) to wear them out in public...no thank you. And it started with girls doing it and then the guys jumped on the bandwagon. Are you too lazy to change out of your sleeping attire before leaving the house? Then don't leave. Stay at home and play some more Guitar Hero (I am totally NOT dissing Guitar Hero...excellent game!) I do NOT want to see your lounge wear in front of me at the grocery store. At least the 'kids' who I have seen wearing pj's to class opt for the flip flop over the house shoe...I'm very appreciative of that! Of course I can't say the same thing for the 'adults' wearing them to Wal-Mart! Just one of the many reasons I try to go there as little as possible. Grown women with children...dressed in pajama pants and slippers...at the store. I know the days of getting all dressed up for the movies are long gone, but come on! Can't we still differentiate between street clothes and bed clothes?
Okay...that is my rant for the day. I hope I haven't offended any of you, but if I have...you might want to put on a pair of jeans! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hear hear Rachel...even at my most slovenly I changed out of what I slept in!