Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Ready to open your mind???

Lots going on right now...I have two midterms next week, so studying is a priority. The weather is absolutely amazing, so having all the windows/doors open is fantastic! Tonight Lon and I are going to the Three Sisters Bluegrass Festival on the river in downtown Chatt. That should be a lot of fun...unfortunately we were unable to attend Wine Over Water, but we'll get to walk past it! Maybe next year...This town has so much going on and a ton of it is FREE (one of my favorite four-letter words!) The MI/Illinois game is coming on shortly, so GO BLUE...let's hope they can pull off another conference win. Woo Hoo!
Lon and I also discovered an eye-opening movie. If you are capable of and/or interested in learning some alternative views of what you've probably grown up believing, I definitely recommend it. It is two hours long, so if you can hook your computer up to your TV it makes for a great evening film.
This is the official website: http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/
Or this is the movie on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kHhc67GopM
I will warn you...it's sobering. It's very interesting, but not uplifting. I have not done all the research to guarantee you this is true, but it sure does make a lot of sense. I can promise it will make you think. Zeitgeist means the spirit of the time; general trend of thought or feeling characteristic of a particular period of time. (www.dictionary.com)
Let me know what you think!!!

2 comments:

Me said...

good luck on your exams.... I'm sure you will rock them!!!!

What's the movie about... in a nutshell?

Go Blue!

Rachel said...

Religion, politics, central bank, wars....very interesting...check it out!