Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

To cut or not to cut...the cat


No, we didn't get to dissect the cats today...they were already done for us. So instead we just poked, prodded and pointed...and we had the biggest cat! That thing was at least 3 feet long (stretched out like he was) and weighed around 20 lbs! I think it must have been a feral cat, because in a house this thing would have been dangerous! Cool to look at, though...
I know it's fall...but we had flurries this morning! Nothing to write home about (apparently blogs don't count), but when I saw the tiny little raindrops (barely sprinkling) become little white things that landed on my car and then melted...well...it has been over two years since we've had to deal with snow! I think the higher elevations may have gotten a dusting this morning, but it warmed up to a beautiful (and brisk!) 52 degrees today. The colors are definitely starting to pop! We may get a visit from my mom and Scot this weekend and it should be sunny and in the 60's...perfect fall weather. Lon still has yet to take advantage of our early voting, but I'm hoping he'll head down there tomorrow...I don't know about you, but I think we are TOTALLY ready for some change. I know I am.
Well...only 6 weeks left in this semester...can't believe how fast it really does fly by. I've been told by some RN's that once I'm in the Nursing program those 2 years will feel more like 6 months...I don't know about that, but I am looking forward to graduating and getting my license! Watch out...stay safe...because you never know where I might end up working!!!! :)

2 comments:

Me said...

that picture is freaking me out... yuck.

WHy do you get to play with dead cats? Aren't you supposed to be playing with dead people?

Scary cat... ewwww....

Rachel said...

It's from Pet Sematary...creepy, huh? I actually watched part of that movie just the other night and then we get this big, honkin' cat in lab...crazy. It was HUGE! Cats muscles are set up very similar to humans and are named accordingly...we don't have cadavers, so we have dead cats. I hope to be 'playing' with live people for most of my career...don't jinx me, Chica! :)