Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Happy Saturday!


Sorry it's taken me so long to update...but a lot has been going on! The country/world is in a government/Wall Street-made crisis, the election is turning very negative (Thanks, John), I made an A on my A&P midterm (Woo Hoo!), and the colors are starting to turn (yeah, Fall!). Whew...that's a lot.

I would like to remind everyone of a very important fact. My good friend, Christine, did the same thing on her blog. Life is short...be grateful for every minute you can spend enjoying life and being with the ones you love. None of us have been promised tomorrow. I hope we all get many of them, but there are no guarantees. Live, love, laugh...always has been one of my favorite sayings. Every morning that I get to walk at the Riverpark, I leave my MP3 player at home so I can soak up every bit of this beautiful land that surrounds me. I appreciate the fact that I'm not injured or diseased and can walk freely, I don't have asthma and can breath easily, I'm not blind or deaf so I can hear and see the birds, trees, river and other people enjoying the park. I know this whole financial thing has got everyone stressing out about where their 401K is invested, if their stocks are plummeting and what they are going to do about retirement. Money isn't everything...there is so much else to enjoy and cherish. Maybe I'm able to say that because we don't have any money, but we are happy anyway. Very happy...Sure, things could be better everywhere. We could make more money (there's that word again), live in our own home instead of an apartment surrounded by neighbors we wish we didn't have, be able to travel whenever the mood hits...those things will come in time. But being married to your best friend, knowing that your family is doing well, living in a beautiful, friendly city surrounded by rivers, lakes and mountains...those things make us truly happy.

I hope you have more happy things in your life than you can count. :)

1 comment:

Me said...

awww.... I loved your post today... very nice... thanks for the plug.

Oh, and yeah... I was waiting for an update... thanks for fiiiiiinally getting to that!

Conrats on the A!!!!