Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Friday, October 17, 2008

Anniversary 'Trip'

Since we've been married, Lon and I have been fortunate enough to take a trip for each of our anniversaries. This year things are a bit different, so we're taking a 'staycation' and becoming tourists in and around Chattanooga. We have done a lot of exploring, but have yet to do some of the touristy stuff. Tomorrow morning we're going to a real country fair...you know, the kind with the 3 C's (clogging, cakes-funnel, that is, and crafts). Then we'll be off to Rock City to see seven states and enjoy the German Oktoberfestival they have going on. We may try to hit one of the area cornfield mazes, but I don't know that I'm up to a haunted house...we'll see! Sunday I think we're going to do a nice brunch and then head out to explore wherever the Jeep takes us...The weather is cooperating as we had a cold front move in last night and we should see high's in the mid-to-upper 60's and sunshine all weekend! Maybe the cooler air will persuade the fall colors to come on out, too.
Well, the debates are over (thank goodness!) and TN has early voting...I can vote 6 days a week for the next two weeks...which means NOT waiting in line on Nov 4th. I was going to go today, but I'll be studying for a Monday test and getting ready for our fun weekend...I'll vote next week. :) It's nice having the option to get in there early!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well!!!

1 comment:

Me said...

Have fun on your non-trip.... post some pics too, will ya? How are you seeing 7 states.. or am I not getting something?

I don't blame you on the haunted house thing... hate those... the maze sounds cool though...

Good luck on the test!