Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Monday, December 8, 2008

T25DOC

Since I agreed to record my 25 days of Christmas this year, here is the first week.

Dec 1, Monday
Up early…before light, warm glow of the Christmas
tree lights. As usual, coffee & oatmeal then off to
class. Wet, rainy, cold. Worked all day and then…
SNOW! Didn’t stick, but fell beautifully. Rare
evening off w/Lon. Watched Stealing Beauty, strange, but beautiful film. Time for bed…



Dec 2, Tuesday
A&P Lab final today at noon. Done by 12:40. Now
it’s off to lunch at Moe’s and the dreaded Wal-Mart
trip. Not very many smiling faces, but I did find some
cozy new pj’s and most of my grocery list. Confirmed
plans to visit Mom on Friday…just waiting for Lon
to come home now. Then we’ll start all over again inthe AM.


Dec 3, Wednesday
Today was a tough one…lot of junk floating around
in my head. Douchebag backs into me at a light on my
way to work and just drives away! Lots of crap to deal
with at work…finally done and home. Drown my
frustrations in a few beers. Talked to Mom. Beginning
to feel better and looking forward to Lon coming home.


Dec 4, Thursday
Not much going on today. Had the morning off. Made a
yummy spinach lasagna. Looking forward to my visit
with Mom tomorrow. Working tonight. Felt like I was
working all by myself, but thanks to the laziness of my
coworkers, I got in over 6000 steps in just 5 hours!


Dec 5, Friday
What a fun day! Started off by going to my last A&P
class & we all got a free ‘A’ on our last quiz…Merry
Christmas from Dr. Kreiss. Then it was off to AL
for my day w/Mom. We became artists today! Great
concept of paint your own artwork…I loved it! Then
we did a little shopping, met Scot out for dinner &
finished the evening playing a bunch of games I brought
from HobbyTown. I really needed a day like today!
Thanks, Mom! Went to bed with fresh roses on my
nightstand…how nice.


Dec 6, Saturday
Up early. Fun errands to run today. Mom & Scot had
the trunk of my car painted (it was in desperate need!)
as an early Christmas gift! Visited Petals from the Past
for their holiday open house and to pick up Mom’s cedar
Christmas tree. Not much time to relax…have to pack my car and get by to TN to work by 3!


Dec 7, Sunday
A true day of rest…no alarm clock, no agenda, no work,
no studying…just doing whatever sounds good whenever
we think of it. Had some homemade bread from Mom
(delish!), watched some fun Christmas movies, put all new bedding in our room…love it!

1 comment:

Me said...

good job... somehow I want to see it in your book and what you did with that...

I will update soon... major setback this weekend... but I'm not giving up.

I want to know more about this "paint your own art" thing you did.