Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Monday, December 22, 2008

T25DOC Update

Continuing....

Dec 8, Monday

Don’t have to work until 3 today , so I’m taking my online

Psych final this morning…somehow I made a 101! I don’t

know where the bonus points came from, but I’m not

complaining! Only one final left…

Work was a little crazy tonight. Ed stopped by, stirring

up things as usual! Josh, Ed, Lon and I got together

after work for a drink and some laughs…I’m so glad there

are at least a couple of cool people we work with!

Dec 9, Tuesday

Nothing exciting to report. Worked from 10-3 with a

raging headache. Spent the afternoon studying with a

break for a much needed nap thrown in. Made a yummy,

healthful dinner of tilapia, broccoli and roasted potatoes.


Dec 10, Wednesday

Today’s the day…the big A&P final! Took it at 8 am this

morning and feel pretty good about it. Plus she gave us a

6-point bonus opportunity…and I never pass up bonus

points! Yucky, rainy day. Great day to be off work & do

some crafts. Finally finished my Christmas cards, now I

just have to mail them. Tonight Lon brought home a model

roller coaster that some customer returned saying the posts

were too short…determined to prove him wrong, we put it

together with fantastic results! Very cool…



Dec 11, Thursday

Still raining, but the temps have been in the 50’s since last

night so we slept with the windows open. So nice! Guess

today’s the day to get crackin’ on my T25DOC book.

Got my first week in and done! Tonight at work we finally

started decorating for the holidays…and the owner FINALLY

did a walk through with me to put things on sale…probably

could’ve used those the weekend after Thanksgiving, but

better late than never, I guess.



Dec 12, Friday

Turned chilly again. Woke up to 32 degrees…good morning

for a hot bowl of oatmeal w/blueberries. Hot Dog! A good

hair day! Where did that come from?!? Not a bad day at work.

World Market had smoked salmon on sale, buy 1 get one free…

couldn’t pass that up! Watched City of Angels, bawled my eyes

out, just like always. So sweet, so sad. I rented The Chronicles

of Narnia, Prince Caspian on the way home and ABC Family

is showing The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe right now..

bonus!

Dec 13, Saturday

Prince Caspian was better than the first one…I love those kinds

of movies. Epic, beautiful, full of fantasy. Had to go in this

morning since someone doesn’t seem to know how to make a

schedule properly…home for a few hours before I have to go back

at 3.

And what did I face when I went back at 3??? About 5 Basset

Hound puppies barricaded in the back (break!) room and signs

posted around the store about puppies for sale. Needless to say,

the joint stinks the rest of the night and some customers actually

LEFT because of the smell! BTW, our store owner breeds

Bassets…guess that's her ‘real’ job…Good Grief!

Dec 14, Sunday

Took my time getting up and ready today. Played some Word

Twist and enjoyed my morning with Lon. Work went pretty

smoothly once we knocked the stench out of the air from yesterday.

After work, Lon and I met Ed and Josh at Buffalo Wild Wings to

watch the Dallas game (they are big fans and we were ready for a

night out). Dallas eventually won, but the game was very slow &

BWW has pay-per-view WWF Armageddon blasting through

the speakers and on most of the TV’s…crazy stuff. We closed

the place down and had a good time doing it, too!

Dec 15, Monday

Feeling a bit…under the weather thanks to last night, but nothing

a bowl of oatmeal and some green tea can’t fix. Finally got some

veg time til I went to work at 3…

Pretty uneventful…came home, had a nice dinner w/Lon, time

for bed again.

Dec 16, Tuesday

A FULL DAY OFF!!! But a full day of chores, too! Made Lon

a yummy breakfast of turkey bacon & blueberry pancakes before

sending him off to work ALL day. I hate that he has such long open/close

days, but hopefully those will get shorter after the holidays. I finished wrapping

presents, packaged them and made my way to the post office w/

Christmas cards in hand. Then I hit the recycling center and

headed to Wal-Mart. Home by 2, had some Italian Wedding

soup (it’s cool and rainy here), and watched Bed of Roses. What

a sweet movie; cheesy, but sweet. Got clothes and dishes done.

Got my journal up to date and am now going to play some fun

Iwin.com games. Got a big glass of H2O handy and put The

Cranberries, Sarah McLaughlin, Norah Jones and Natalie

Merchant in the CD player on shuffle. The day would only be

better if Lon were home too….soon.

Dec 17, Wednesday

It’s hard to figure out just what to do with your mornings when

you work 2nd shift. You know you have to leave the house ready

to work by 2:30 pm…do you try to run errands, relax & enjoy the

morning off, squeeze as many chores as possible into those few

hours???

I love to watch Ellen…always upbeat and funny. She can get me

in a good mood on the worst days. Today’s not bad, though. I

have decided to embrace the holiday spirit at work. At least

making our customers smile will help the time go by better. Check

out the funky bindis I picked up World Market. Great for

accenting my eyes to match my Santa hat.

1 comment:

Me said...

Bed of Roses is one of my all time favorite movies...

Good job keeping up with the 25DOD... or DOC whichever you prefer.

I can barely stay awake these days, so you're better off than I.

Happy Holidays!