Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Well, tomorrow is Turkey Day and Lon & I finally have a day off together...it doesn't happen too often and mostly just on Sundays. Since we both have to work Friday, it'll be just the two of us celebrating Thanksgiving. For all of you that get to celebrate with extended family, I hope you have a wonderful day! We were able to visit with my dad and Jan this past weekend. How do you like our 'holiday' pic? :)

Just took my last A&P exam this morning. Only have finals to go now. Yesterday we dissected cow eyes in lab (very neat!) and I found out what makes certain animals eyes reflect in bright light. There is an iridescent covering on the back of the eyeball called the tapetum lucidum. It reflects light within the eye of animals that live in low-intensity light (noctural). Cool, huh? I know, I know...nobody cares but me. But this is MY blog so I can write whatever I want. ha, ha, ha!

Guess today is about studying for my lab final next week, finishing any Christmas decorating I have left, working on my Christmas cards and prepping for tomorrow. Kinda nice to have a day off in the middle of the week!

I'm very thankful for everything I have: a wonderful, loving husband/best friend, healthy family, good friends, A JOB!, a roof over my head and food in my kitchen. I hope your life is full of love and happiness. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Me said...

Happy Thanksgiving!