Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Race for the Cure!


Well...yesterday (the first day of class) I showed some interest in the upcoming Komen Race for the Cure and my instructor asked me to send an email to see if anyone wanted to do the walk, earning some required volunteer hours. You can't ask people to join a team that isn't there and you can't register a team without being a team captain, soooooo....I just went for it. I'm now the Team Captain for Chatt State RN Program's Race for the Cure team! I did that around 1400 yesterday...I already have 11 team members signed up! How cool is that?!? Our class has 133, so I expect there to be more over the next few days. Now I've got ideas of buying bulk white bandanas to tie-dye shades of pink for my team members. Wonder how cheap I can find those....
Oh...and I am starting the semester off with Psych. I'll be at Moccasin Bend State Mental Hospital for the next four Tuesdays. Should be VERY interesting!!!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

That's awesome, Rachel! I have a friend (coincidentally named Rachel) who did this a few years ago. She said it was an incredible experience, even with the horrible blisters she had when she was done.

I know another lady who does it every year and she says when they walk thru PB people hand her beer and cocktails.

Rachel said...

Sounds like PB is the place to Race! :) Team roster is up to 29 now...
I've done a couple of the walks. One in MI and one through Balboa Park...gorgeous! I miss SD...