Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Saturday, January 17, 2009

So over Facebook

It was cool in the beginning...catching up with people you hadn't seen or spoken to in years (decades!), seeing how different they look, what they enjoy, if they have families...I'm over that now. I don't care to be notified when someone is getting ready for work, is tired from chasing kids around all day, is glad it's Friday, or is headed out for bowling. Who cares? It's just another voyeuristic vehicle...like reality TV (which I can't stand anyway). So I started deleting people...those people I haven't seen since 6th grade (or 12th grade) and certainly don't have anything in common with now (man, I went to school with a TON of conservatives!). Never did get interested in MySpace, but now that I'm in FB I've decided to scale it down to people I actually want to keep in contact with. I didn't go to my 10 year reunion...why should I think I might go to my 20th? I wasn't a cheerleader, involved in choir, or into my student government. I had some friends, went to class and that was high school. Big whoop. I have much closer friends via the US Navy and various places I've lived/worked. And only a few of them have decided to give FB a chance.
Okay, that's enough about that. Gotta go get ready to build rockets with about 15 10-year old boys at work. Oh...I and built my first rocket ever yesterday. Should be a blast! (get it?) ha, ha, ha!

1 comment:

Me said...

I 100% agree with you!!!! FB is so... whatever... I'm over it too!

Have fun blowing shit up...