Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Monday, August 13, 2012

Pinterest Weekend---NOT fail! :)

Since I had several days off this past week (7 to be exact!), Mom came up to hang out and play.  We had quite the Pinterest weekend.  If you don't know what Pinterest.com is, check it out.  It's fun.  You can get sucked in, but you'll find all kinds of cool projects, recipes, ideas, etc.  We had several projects on the agenda to try and we tried them all...and they were AWESOME!!!  I'm pretty worn out from the weekend, so I'll post our pics and links to the appropriate Pinterest page.  Let me know what you think!

Prep
 1/2 way done
 My finished masterpiece...so much fun!
 Piece I made for Mom
 Mom's first one (with genuine Chattanooga wood!)
 Mom's masterpiece
 Garage sale trays painted with chalkboard paint
 Hemp Angels (for Xmas treats)
 Funky mushroom lamp I found a garage sale (painted the base) and another crayon piece I did (my first one).
 Yard Art (leaves from our yard), but we used spray paint, not acrylic.
Piece Mom made for us!
 The only 'fail'...turned out okay (Lon likes it), but the glue gun is shot and most of the crayon didn't even come out of the tip, but dripped from the back!  I call it Christmas Chaos.


 The weather turned cooler this weekend and we had the doors and windows open. The screened porch was our art studio and Lon burned our very 1st campfire in our fire pit....the shot's a bit blurry, but I LOVE IT!


2 comments:

sailinglunasea said...

That looks like so much fun! You've just set the bar pretty high for our playdate. ;)

ps - super glad you photo'd it and posted.

Rachel said...

I have more pics that I haven't posted...including my big masterpiece (prior to peace). I'm sure you'll come up with some fun creations...I'll have plenty of canvas for us to play with! Yay for play dates with no children involved!