Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hump Day

Haven't had a green smoothie in a while and thought I was due...I forgot how tasty these are!  I've tried several versions, but this one is by far my favorite.
Tropical Green Smoothie
1 frozen banana, sliced
1.5 C frozen fruit (I used the mango, peach, pineapple, strawberry blend)
1 C non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
2 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
Enough water to get everything blended (I used about 1.5 C)
 
 Even Lon likes this one and he absolutely HATES pineapple (I know, crazy right?)  It does have a lot of fruit and some people might look at that as too much sugar, but I have to mow and trim the yard this morning so I need some energy (and motivation!).  Since our yard is one big slope from front to back that will be my workout today.

  Here's the latest harvest from our little tomatoes plants (which are wild and crazy now) we got as a housewarming gift.  They are super delish...especially the Sun Golds (orange cherry tomatoes). We finally have enough basil to make our own pesto, too.  Lon is the pesto pizza king and he makes his own crust!  One of our favorite meals.  Yummmmm....
  Well, I guess I need to finish this smoothie and get outside.  One of the one days we've had in a long time (and are going to have) without rain in the forecast. Where is Fall????  This humidity sucks.  Guess I'll appreciate my cooler, drier weather that much more when it gets here.  Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

sailinglunasea said...

The tomatoes look delicious!

I have been drinking my smoothies at least once a day for the past month and feel so much more energy! You can't have too much sugar in it - as long as the only sugar in your diet is from the fruits. I also add hemp seeds to mine - they give me omegas and LOADS of protein and just taste good.

Way to go on your goals! :)