Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Sunday, March 20, 2011

War Wounds


My first official (and very tender) war wound. Yep...that's me. I won't disclose exactly where this is, but let's just say I learned a new technique. Chest hooping. I love it! But I'm going to have to wait a few days until I can practice it again...And, yes, it does hurt just as much as you would imagine. Ouchie! And I'm pretty sore in some other places too...but don't worry about me. I knew bruises were a part of learning this super fun dance/technique/exercise/way of life (call it what you will). Fortunately, some other people in class were talking about their bruises and I realized where some of last week's mystery bruises came from. (For those of you who know me well, you know I bruise if you look at me funny. So I'm pretty used to mystery bruises, but it's nice to solve the mystery once in a while!)
Pretty nasty, isn't it? (By the way, my skin isn't super funky...I have goosebumps!) Just thought I'd share...probably gonna have many more to come. So worth it, though. Had an absolute blast learning chest hooping, especially once I was actually keeping it up...and then to realize I could transition from waist to hip to waist to chest back to waist and ALL ON PURPOSE! Not even by accident anymore. :) One more class left in this series and we're gonna work on some tricks. Too fun!!! If you hear of a hoop jam in your area, I highly recommend you go! Hoop Jams are free and hoopers are more than happy to show you how they do their magic...you just may get hooked!
******Super Special Offer******
For those of you on Facebook, if you 'Like' HoopTonic's FB page, both you and I could win free hoops! She's having a giveaway in an effort to boost her following. She posts inspiring videos, quotes and links. What could it hurt? And what a great way to try it out, too! Free hoop...why not??? :)

2 comments:

sailinglunasea said...

Woo hoo! Your first hoop war wound! :D

Rachel said...

It's even darker today...guess I shouldn't have practiced yesterday, huh? :)