Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bliss


[blis]
n.
1. Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
2. The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.
Phrasal Verb:
bliss out Slang
To go into a state of ecstasy.

I love Spring. Period. End of story. Fall is a close second, but the fresh air, birds chirping, new leaves and flowers, shaking off the cold/dullness of winter, opening the windows again, warm air, cool breezes...what's not to love? Oh yeah, the pollen (esp. here), but I'll deal with it. Totally worth the trade-off! This spring is especially exciting...why, you ask? You know me...I'll tell you!

Well, this spring not only am I graduating nursing school and starting a new career, I've also been taking hooping classes and am in LOVE with this new blissful activity! As I'm writing this, I only have 42 days (6 short weeks!!!) until RN Pinning/graduation. Ahhh...so close. The weather is gorgeous and life is good. In fact, it's so good that I signed up for another class. It was 'reward/celebration' for finishing my last clinical (on Tuesday...I'm done!) This class will be held in a beautiful city park on the TN River and is a two-hour workshop that is all tricks. How fun! The last class of my current March Hoop Dance Madness is tomorrow morning and the Cool Tricks in Coolidge Park is next Saturday. Perfect!

The benefits of hooping/hoop dance are numerous. I feel better. Lon has noticed that I'm standing straighter and using better posture. I feel amazing when I hoop and when I come home from class. My clothes are getting looser...yay! (Too bad I'm not a fan of shopping...I'll muddle through somehow.) I'm laughing and smiling more (and hopefully spreading that to others). It's such a huge stress reliever (even when I didn't know I was stressed!) It puts me in a good mood just talking/blogging/researching about it! Crazy, right?

Well, I hope you have something in your life that makes you feel, well, for lack of a better word...blissful. No wonder so many hoopers use that word in everyday life. That's what it does. Makes you feel blissful.

Plan for the day: Study for Test #4, walk in the park, hoop, study some more, maybe venture to the thrift store for some new duds, enjoy every minute as much as possible. :) That's a good list for a sunny Friday, right?

No comments: