Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Monday, September 20, 2010


Yep. I did it. Woo Hoo! :) First test down...four more to go and a final. Eight short months til the NCLEX!!!!

Still at Moccasin Bend Mental Hospital and still enjoying the experience. My coloring books and crayons were a hit last week, but my client said he couldn't see well...so tomorrow I'm taking Play Doh! I can't wait...it's been years since I've played with the stuff.

Did you know patient care can be fun, too??? :D

The Race for the Cure is this Sunday and our team consists of 41 members! Great turnout...Elke (the other co-captain) and I will be wearing quite fashionable tie-dye t's for the walk. Lon liked my Hippies for Nippies idea, but I knew that team name wouldn't fly for the college. ha, ha, ha!

Babies, babies, everywhere! My little brother's second baby (another girl) is due in a few weeks; Christine (my good friend from our Navy days) has her second baby (another boy) due at the same time! And I just found out a few weeks ago, someone else I know is preggers...they're everywhere! :) Congrats to all you guys!!!

Time for some well deserved R&C time on the ole' PS3. Catch ya on the flip side...

1 comment:

sailinglunasea said...

Way to go on getting that first test out of the way - and thrilled that you get to play with your patients! Keep up the fabulous work.