Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer colds suck!

Yep...I've been fighting one head on for almost a week now. Hate these things. Stuffy head. Mouth-breathing at night = waking up with a sore throat and gross, fuzzy mouth. Disgusting. Need to buy some more generic Nyquil. The Dayquil version is the only thing that got me through one of the craziest days I've had at work yet (yesterday). NEVER a dull moment. Guess that's a good thing. Keeps me on my toes.

Learned something new yesterday (as usual). Ever heard of dementia? Sure you have. Ever heard of Lewy Body Dementia? Neither had I. Here's a great link with all kinds of info. Scary stuff (the brain changing/dying on you), but always good info to know. Will be working with the Alzheimer's Association this summer for a school project. Should be eye-opening...I know it will be heart-wrenching. If you know someone who is dealing with this debilitating disease, here is another link you might appreciate.

Never stop learning. That's my goal. Right now I'm learning the basics of nursing. Once I graduate, I'll learn how to be a good nurse. Then, as I'm honing that skill (for the rest of my career), we'll start traveling and I'll learn how to live in, hook up, tear down and care for an RV. I'll learn how to hoop dance. Learn things I've never thought of from people I haven't yet met. Learn how to live in a home where the entire country/continent is my backyard. Maybe I'll learn the location we want to call home, maybe that will continue to change. Guess I'll find out. I'll learn how other people live, work and play. I'll learn more about myself. And being the perpetual tourists we are, we'll learn about our country, its states, towns, people, historical places, natural wonders, our neighbors (CA/MX) and whatever else comes down the pike.

3 comments:

sailinglunasea said...

I, too, have a nasty summer cold. Excellent description!
Just make sure you put us on your travel-nurse agenda. I'm sure there's something you can learn here... :)

Rachel said...

Now that someone I know has a short/long term rental property, we may have to make Savannah one of our first stops (pre-RV) to check out the travel nurse lifestyle. :)
You are definitely on the agenda...everywhere we have friends/family will be on the agenda or at least the drive through!
Hope you get to feeling better...

sailinglunasea said...

I'll have a carriage house ready soon enough - you guys can crash in it!
Can't wait. Get your booties down here. Well, wait until September... it's HOT right now!