Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Friday, July 9, 2010

New Fave Show


Torchwood. If you are a sci-fi junkie (like me), love Star Trek: TNG (oh, sorry...The Next Generation), X-Files, Eureka, etc...you just might fall for Captain Jack Harkness and the rest of the Torchwood gang. A spin-off from the super hokey 'Dr. Who' series (I haven't seen the new Dr. Who...only remember the old ones), Torchwood is just hokey enough and only at times. It's from BBC America, so be forewarned about some thick accents (except for Capt. Jack who is American, apparently). Aliens, time rifts, sex, humor and a cool, underground compound. What more could you ask for? We found it on Netflix. Just finished Season 1 (from 2006) and are working on Season 2 now. Check it out...let me know what you think! :)

Here are my latest tie-dye creations. Finally did a peace sign and we think it came out great! Of course, I don't have to make it as big as the shirt (doh!). I also did some onesies for the multiple pregos out there. :) Gotta keep the chilled out, laid back, hippie-thing going through future generations, right? People these days are too tense and I think many have forgotten how to relax and enjoy the ride.

The back of the peace sign shirt is a mix of the purple & blue...should have taken a pic of that side too. Anyway, it's now one of Lon's favorites. Yea!
Another benefit of the tie-dye onesies, besides having the best dressed baby on the block, spit up, food and other typical baby-mishaps won't show up as well! Always thinking...til next time. (I do apologize for the blurry onesie pic. I've never claimed to be a photographer!)

2 comments:

sailinglunasea said...

Those are fantastic! I love that you are dyeing things. :) Keep on having fun, chica.

Rachel said...

Thanks, Jennifer! I wear my JP Gallery scarf all the time. I know you wanted a pic, but...well...I'm not too fond of those. :) Got some more projects on the horizon, but have to get some studying done first.