Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Almost time

Well, Micro is over (I made an A!) and Nursing I starts in 3 short weeks. Still working full time hours at the hospital, but that will slow down a bit once classes start. I've bought all my books and supplies...guess I'm ready as I'll ever be! One really nice thing, though...looking through the syllabus for the 1st semester...the skill set: it's a lot of what I do now at work. Vital signs, ht/wt, I&O (input and output), pain scale, hand hygiene, EKG's, catheters...all good. The 'Remove fecal impaction digitally'...well, not really looking forward to that lab! But I guess taking care of patients means taking care of patients...whatever their needs, right? :) We've had a pretty quiet summer...work, school, work, school. Mary Beth got married last weekend...beautiful ceremony at Dad's house. Might be going to my 8th grade 'reunion' next weekend! ha, ha, ha...the lot of us were in 5th-8th grade together and now most of us are on Facebook. That should be entertaining.

2 comments:

sailinglunasea said...

You know we will have a fabulous time! Glad you have a bit of a break before the big classes get started! keep up the fabulous work.

Me said...

Good job Rachel!!!

The wine making sounds SO COOL!!! I didn't know you could get grape juice for wine making, I thought you'd actually have to stomp the grapes (he he). Can't wait to hear how it turns out! I wish I could try some :-(