Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Holidays

Well, I have no excuses....other than work and prepping for our first Christmas in the cabin (actually, our first time hosting Christmas EVER).  The shopping/crafting/wrapping has been done for about a week or so.  But work has been busy and stressful.  The tree skirt looks great, the presents are sitting and waiting, and the Xmas Crackers are tempting me daily to pull and POP! one.  :)

Tomorrow I make an early run to (the dreaded) Wal-Mart for a few necessities and lots of food for the weekend.  We are having a Winter Solstice Party (aka End of the Mayan Calendar Party) Friday night.  Then Saturday is brunch then an 'early' Christmas Eve Party.  Lots of fun food, prizes and crafts/fun things to do.  The Xmas Fairy has been busy...

Lon has assembled a fantastic bunch of holiday movies to run with or without sound while we play and celebrate.  For example, on my two days off last week we watched the Christmas classic, Gremlins.  Yes...think hard, it WAS a Christmas movie.  Billy got Gizmo for his Christmas present and all hell breaks loose after the midnight snacks and late night swim at the Y.  We also have such favorites as Elf, White Christmas, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Year Without a Santa Claus, The Santa Clause, Fred Claus, Scrooged, and E.T....just to name a few.

Besides, we have Pandora for excellent mixes of Christmas music (I highly recommend creating a Jack Johnson Holiday station...most chill and excellent) and some fun mix CDs from years past.  Thank you, Kris, for one of my faves...The Girls Do Christmas.  Best take home party gift ever!  :)

After my Wal-Mart run, I come back home to prep some goodies (Vegetarian Sausage Balls) for our work Holiday Party, clean the house for weekend company, go to said party, prep weekend party fixins and find time to relax during my first off day this week...ha!

I am very much looking forward to hosting our first Christmas, but wish I hadn't had to work right up until the day before.  Such is life.  And it will all get done and I'll have so much fun once everyone is here.  It's really been so nice NOT to stress about the holidays and only have to stress about work.  Oh yeah, and the gray squirrels that have apparently taken up residence between our ceiling and roof (we have no attic...they had to have eaten a path out of the insulation.)  But have no fear, we have someone coming tomorrow afternoon to rid us of the rodents and hopefully patch up their entryway!  If we had an attic, I wouldn't be as surprised, but our ceiling is directly under the roof...crazy.  The life of a log cabin owner...we learn new things everyday.

Anyway, sorry for taking so long to post.  I do have pics to post, but the phone-to-laptop cable is downstairs and I am upstairs...maybe after the holidays I'll have time to post more frequently...and maybe I'll have a new phone-to-laptop cable.  :D

Hope you all have a Happy Christmas, Merry Hanukkah, Blessed Kwanzaa and a Freakin' Awesome New Year!!!

No comments: