Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Burlap Bubble Wreath

Like I said, I found this on Pinterest and loved it!  You could use it year-round and add greenery, flowers, decor as the seasons change.  I kind of like it nice and natural.  It was so much fun to do.

Supplies:
14" straw wreath (they suggested 10" foam, but it was way more expensive!  And straw is renewable and recyclable.)
Burlap (about 2 yards cut into 4" squares)
Lots of 'big head' pins (I used the straight pins with the different colored balls on top from my sewing stuff.)

Basically you fold the square into a triangle by pulling two opposite corners together.  Then take your right corner and pull it around to the front and take your left corner and pull it around to the back.  Stick your pin straight through where all four corners are flat against each other and pin.  Repeat.   A lot.  And that's it!  :)

The tutorial I used is probably much easier to understand.  She took a lot of good pics and I was just having too much fun to stop and use the camera.  :)

From the beginning...
Straw wreath ($3.99 @ Hobby Lobby)

Lots of burlap 'bubbles' (Burlap $3.99/yd @ Hobby Lobby)

Almost finished...

I'm done!  I finished last night, but didn't take any good finished pics until this morning.  I don't like this orange-y light.

Hanging on the front door.

Behind screen door.

Yay!  Finished product!

Back side...since the back will show when our shades are open, I may cover this with a little more burlap.  Or maybe not.  See all my pins?  




4 comments:

sailinglunasea said...

Super cute!

Rachel said...

Thanks! By the way, was at Walmart this morning...same exact straw wreath $2.47. So of course I bought one...

Me said...

ok... clearly I read that last post first...
cool wreath!!!!

Me said...

OK.... don't give up blogging! I just caught up with all that I was missing.... I plan to start blogging more regularly again too.... but I will have to fill you in on that plan!!


Don't stop...