Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Saturday, June 25, 2011

New Chapter

5600 practice questions, 75 NCLEX test questions, two days of waiting and a PASS on my boards! Yay!!! Rachel H. Jordan, RN at your service. It's been a long road, but one I can look back on fondly. I learned a ton, saw and did all kinds of interesting procedures, made some friends, had some fun. A new chapter is beginning. I've helped numerous nurses care for patients over the last two years and now I'll be the one responsible for their care. It's intimidating, but exciting. I really do love (most of) my patients. The ones who come in with legit problems, call for their PRN pain meds every four hours on the dot, but don't want to do any of the other treatments/tests/meds that will actually help their bodies heal...well, they can be a little frustrating. If you want to get/feel better, come see me. I'll do everything in my power to help you. If you don't, why did you come in today?

Ironically, the same night I found out my 'pass' results, we got our 1st glimpse of Nurse Jackie (Netflix rocks!). We had heard about it...some people were offended that she's a nurse hooked on pain killers, some people loved that she says 'Doctors diagnose, nurses heal.' We had to see for ourselves (and we loved Edie Falco on Sopranos). Survey says: LOVE it!!! We've only seen the first four episodes of Season 1, but so far, so good. It's a drama...it's fiction. But there is truth in it. It's a fun show with some great personalities. A new fave.

This weekend I'm so excited to start converting the office from my study zone into a real office/creative workshop! Yippee! I won't have to move school books or study guides out of the way when I want to work on our vision boards or play on FB (found a new addictive game...Gardens of Time. It's a hidden treasure game-I love those!). It'll feel so good to either get rid of or put away all this excess material, but a little sad too...I have a wall that is covered with cards and notes. It's my At-A-Girl wall that is right behind my PC. Check it out:

Some of them are from my days back in the Navy, most are from the past two years cheering me on, making my day, making me laugh. Still haven't decided if I'm going to take it down just yet. It may look messy, but it makes me smile every time I see it.

Guess it's time to start being productive. Happy Saturday!!!
:)

No comments: