Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October Update


What am I doing on this sunny, cool October morning, you ask? Well, right now I'm enjoying some tasty hazelnut/french vanilla coffee and updating my blog. This morning I got up and fixed open face egg sandwiches with spinach, tomato and avocado and a side of turkey bacon...YUM-MY! Lon left for a day of editing commercial shoots and I have a day of yoga, studying and whatever-else-comes-up ahead of me. It's 62 and gorgeous right now...our high might reach 80 today. Have I mentioned how much I love, love, LOVE fall??? Now I have. :)

Test 2 is down and boy, was it a doozie! It was all GI (gastrointestinal) and you wouldn't believe how much crap (ha, ha) goes on between the blow hole and the poop shoot! I passed, but with my lowest score yet...an 80. I'm making myself be happy with it, too...not everyone passed and it has the notoriety of being one of the more difficult exams. We'll see...still have two cardiac tests and one on endocrine/DM/trach care before the comprehensive final. BUT there is light at the end of this long, dark tunnel...the FINAL final (last test at Chatt State) is now LESS than 6 short months away!!! Woo Hoo!!!! That means the NCLEX should be in about 8 months (we have to wait for them to get our transcripts and contact us with approval to test, THEN we can schedule to take the exam.) Whew! I can not even describe to you how sick of studying I am. I am trying my hardest to keep my eyes on the prize. It is worth it, I know. This is the first step towards our big dream and I'm so excited to be so close to having one thing done and being that much closer.

Yesterday we received our first copy of betterRving.com magazine in the mail. It's a free publication from one of the larger RV supercenters (sales, repair, camping, classes, etc.) located in Tampa, FL. Eyes on the prize, right? We have visions of new territories to explore, good friends to visit, freedom, road trips, bike rides down forest paths, through 'tree tunnels', alongside brooks, streams and lakes, playing cards underneath a blanket of stars, trying new foods and new activities, meeting new people, learning a ton and enjoying every minute and what it has to offer. Ready to join us yet? I know this lifestyle isn't for everyone, but it sure does seem custom made for the two of us. So all of you out there...be prepared. We might just show up to say Hi, but don't worry...we'll bring our own bedroom. :)

2 comments:

sailinglunasea said...

Keep on studying! You are doing a FABULOUS job.

Guess what we bought a couple of days ago...! Get ready: A POP-UP CAMPER! We are SO excited. It's in Jax waiting on us patiently, while we are anxiously waiting on tomorrow night to go and pick up our new baby.
Meet you at the camp ground one day, chickie! ♥

Rachel said...

You beat me to it! Good for you guys...very cool. We'll have the coolest sites in the park and everyone will want to be at our campfire. :D