Thought for Today...

"The purpose of our lives is to be happy." --Dalai Lama

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall Project #1...almost complete

**Note** This was supposed to be posted last week...saved in drafts.  Oh well.  :)

We successfully cut up my corner desk to make a 5' long rectangular desk top to fit in our little nook upstairs.  My office view is now our gorgeous view of the trees and mountain to my left and our 'art gallery' to the right.  I can look forward right over the balcony wall and see our M GO BLUE sign (and the TV if I shut the laptop).  I love my new office space!!!  Now we just have to clear out the corner it used to occupy (by the wood stove) and bring in the dining room table from the porch.

Of course, the weather is still nice enough that we ate lunch out there yesterday.  Maybe the table can wait a while longer.  We are also planning to do some painting, install a light fixture and move some more things around.  But my office is almost complete!  Just need to hook up the printer and get it tucked out of sight.

Yay for pictures!  Here they are...
The mushroom lamp will move soon (you can see it from downstairs), but we are looking into some rope lighting for under the balcony railing.  Should provide some nice atmosphere.  :)

New office space.  I love it!

View from my desk...not bad, huh?

No comments: